Symantec Endpoint Protection
Customers have embraced Symantec Endpoint Protection 12 faster than any previous release. In Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1, we've worked hard to further the Unrivaled Security, Blazing Performance and support for Virtual Environments. By layering technologies like Insight and SONAR, antivirus scans are reduced and maximum performance is achieved while stopping cyber-criminals and even zero-day threats in their tracks.
- Integration with VMware’s vShield Endpoint provides better than physical security for data-rich virtual environments while maintaining blazing fast performance.
- Tuned for Windows 8 performance to make make your OS 80% faster and 29% safer than the native Defender solution, according to testing conducted by PassMark and Av-Test.
- Support for Mac OSX 10.8 (Mountain Lion) allows you to protect a multitude of Linux, Windows and Macintosh platforms and version from a single security solution.
- Enhanced security features include SONAR monitoring nearly1400, rather than 400, file behaviors.
- Improved management through the ability to automatically remove existing security software, find orphaned machines, and more efficiently use group update providers.
Unrivaled Security. Blazing Performance. Built for Virtual Environments
Symantec Endpoint Protection is built on multiple layers of protection, including Symantec Insight and SONAR both of which provide protection against new and unknown threats. Built for virtual environments, it can integrate with VMware vShield Endpoint for dramatically improved performance. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 includes the latest features for improved security, performance and management.
Today’s complicated threat landscape requires sophisticated protection from large-scale malware to the most targeted attacks. Only Symantec uses Insight, with the collective wisdom of 200+ million systems in over 200 countries to identify and create a security rating for every file accessed through the internet. This superior reputation technology is combined with network, behavior, file and repair layers of defense to provide unrivaled security against known, and unknown, threats.
In today’s global business environment, every second counts. Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 has replaced traditional scanning of every file with scan elimination and deduplication through Virtual Image Exception and Shared Insight Cache, and access to the largest Global Intelligence Network to reduce scan times and provide the fastest performance available. Quite simply, files known to be good can be skipped, causing Endpoint Protection to scan faster and smarter.
Built for Virtual Environments
Symantec integrates with VMware vShield Endpoint and has been optimized to secure your high- density business critical environments with the effectiveness you need and the performance you demand.
- Faster: PassMark Software found that Symantec Endpoint Protection outperformed every product tested, including scanning faster and using less memory than competing solutions;
- Smarter: AV-Test.org has shown that Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 detects and removes more threats than any other solution in its class;
- Fewer Scans: Insight creates sophisticated white lists by leveraging over 3.1 billion files to establish reputation ratings and outperform the industry in scheduled and on-demand scanning.
||1 - 24
|License term in years
|Windows operating systems supported
||Windows 7 Home Basic,Windows 7 Home Basic x64,Windows 7 Home Premium,Windows 7 Home Premium x64,Windows 7 Professional,Windows 7 Professional x64,Windows 7 Starter,Windows 7 Starter x64,Windows 7 Ultimate,Windows 7 Ultimate x64,Windows 8,Windows 8 Enterpr
|Mac operating systems supported
||Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
|Minimum hard disk space
|Minimum system requirements
||IE 7+, Firefox 3.6+
|Minimum processor speed
|Minimum processor family
||Core 2 Duo,Core Solo,Pentium 4,Pentium III,Xeon
Lantronix EDS00812N-01 Rack-mountable, data center-ready device / Ethernet terminal servers; with 8,
8 x RJ-45, 10/100Base-T, Intel XScale IXP420 266 MHz, 64 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash, LED
16 x RJ-45, 10/100Base-T, Intel XScale IXP420 266 MHz, 64 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash, 2 KB EEPROM, LED
16 x RJ-45, 10/100Base-T, Intel XScale IXP420 266 MHz, 64 MB SDRAM, 8 MB Flash, LED